Sunday, December 19, 2010

How to Hide the Body


Here is an image from my InDesign tutorial of How to Hide the Body. I started out with hand-drawn ink images that I scanned into photoshop. I added wrinkled paper textured by downloading several wrinkling brushes and also downloaded multiple blood brushes to assimilate blood splatters. This tutorial gives options to disposing a dead body whether it be underground, in your home, under cement or in outer space. I imported different text from online to give an eerie typography feel to the book. Due to printing problems, I was never actually able to bind the pages but I constructed a black, textured hardcover with gold, spray painted insides and shadows of a skull and mug shots. The book was loosely held together by a think black, leather belt. I went through a lot of ideas before I came to an instructional about corpses. These included: how to throw a party for a hamster and also how to write and instructional manual. Overall, I was pretty satisfied with my final result and was even more happy that I got to use my own drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment